The LuaJIT mailing list is dedicated to announcements, discussions, bug reports or feature requests for LuaJIT, the just-in-time compiler for Lua.
The mailing list is provided to the LuaJIT community, courtesy of freelists.org. Thank you very much!
The LuaJIT mailing list is open to anyone, but only subscribers can post messages to the list. The mailing list page at freelists.org offers options to subscribe and unsubscribe.
Important note: you must confirm the subscription to your email address by clicking on the link in the confirmation mail. Otherwise you won't receive any messages from the list!
You can also set some options for your mailing list subscription.
An archive of all previous postings to the list can be found at the LuaJIT mailing list archive at freelists.org.
Mailing List Policy
- This list is about LuaJIT only. Please use the Lua mailing list for topics that are more concerned with Lua (the language) or Lua (the interpreter from PUC Rio) and have little to do with LuaJIT itself.
- Please, do not cross-post to the Lua mailing list or other mailing lists — this never works out. Decide for one or the other.
- Please search the LuaJIT mailing list archives before posting a question to the list.
- If you're asking a question on the list, please check the list for answers, too. And be ready to provide more information, if needed.
- Please do not mail an extra copy of your postings to individual subscribers.
- If you want to start a new thread, do not reply to an unrelated message — send a new message to the mailing list address.
- Full quoting, excessive quoting and TOP-posting (answer at top, question below) are not welcome.
- Please keep your signatures short, as far as possible. Sadly, some companies attach excessive signatures without your consent. Consider posting from a private mail account instead.
- Attachments to your postings are allowed, but should be kept as small as possible. Code snippets, examples, error messages and excerpts from debug dumps are all appropriate as attachements or inline. Huge debug dumps, images etc. should be stored somewhere else and referred to via their URL.
- Do not send private info, passwords or core dumps to the mailing list.
- This mailing list has a strict NO SPAM policy — violators will be banned ASAP.
- Unproductive discussions about issues that have been rehashed many times on the Lua mailing list are off-topic: e.g. Lua syntax 'improvements', one-based indexing, the behavior of the length operator, global-by-default or (gasp) flamewars about open source licenses. Subscribers who repeatedly start or engage in off-topic discussions may be banned from the list.
- Announcements of new releases, new modules or bindings should be prefixed with [ANN] in the subject of the posting.